Bad ECU? - Club ILX Message Board
Go Back   Club ILX Message Board > Vendors > Forum Threads
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!
Register Garage FAQ Auto Loans Members List Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Old 06-01-2017, 08:16 PM   #1
Mightymidk20
Track Ready RSX-S

Bad ECU?

Hello all, so I recently put my rsx-s together when I first wired up the engine harness I messed up the TPS and MAP sensor which blew up my MAP sensor and is causing me lots of headaches. I have spark, fuel, good power and grounds. I want to mention I removed the ABS, P/S, A/C, SRS system and the rear speakers and subwoofer. Relocated my fusebox to the inside of my car and the battery as well. First problem I am having is when I go to start my car (crank it over), (foot off the clutch) my radio resets and continually try's to reset until I stop. I know its probably dropping below 12v so it resets but why if I am not actually drawing power to the starter? Also does it when I put my foot on the clutch. I am thinking it needs a better ground.( radio is the least of my worries though). Its aftermarket headunit. Anyways my main concern is my car wont start. I have noticed that the timing advance is probably no correcting itself like it should(looking at a nice scanner). I know the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor are both working good. Timing chain has not jumped I checked twice. I have a RRC crank-pulley, could this affect it? The motor is stock other than an exhaust and intake. Has around 175 for compression on all cylinders is that okay? Too low? Suppose to be 220,200,200, 220 I think. My last attempt will be a new ECU I am just concerned that if I purchase another one I might fry it again... Please help anyone! I have stock ECU now. Would Hondata be a safe alternative?
Mightymidk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2017, 08:08 PM   #2
Mightymidk20
Track Ready RSX-S

Update, not the harmonic balancer. LOL I'm losing it! I have noticed the LTFT and STFT are not reading anything. Fuel is priming and entering the cylinders, not sure how fast though. Tried starter fluid many times. Still thinking it's the ECU. I'll be purchasing one on Monday from a junkyard to test it out under warranty. It was not my immobilizer and my fuel pump is priming and my green key light does not flash when first turned on. Reason ECU might have fried is due to the bad ground on first crank with MAP and TPS sensor reversed by accident. Hope this helps people. I'm a F*^$%^# HONDA PRO now! Oh and when I remove the ECU fuse it doesn't seem to turn over any different. Really wanted to bring it to all the car shows this weekend.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:41 AM   #3
Mightymidk20
Track Ready RSX-S

Update, its not the ECU from what I can tell bought another ECU still doesn't run. Not really sure where to go from here.