What k20a do I have? - Club ILX Message Board
Go Back   Club ILX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > K-Series Swaps
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!
Register Garage FAQ Auto Loans Members List Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Old 06-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #1
excinder

What k20a do I have?

Hey guys, I'm new here and just getting into the honda scene, so I apologize for being uneducated. I spent a lot of time looking over forums and I couldn't find any useful information about my engine. It is stamped "K20a" on the block, but it has a "PNA-1" head and a PRB silver metal intake manifold. It has type R cams in it, and an aftermarket valve cover. I'm wondering exactly what type of engine this is, what car it came out of, and what the specs are? Much appreciated
excinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Pics of valve cover? Based on the head stamp I believe you have a jdm K20a from a honda stream which is similar to a k20a3. The intake manifold stamped prb is from an rsx-s but that doesnt tell you anything about the motor.

Is your car a base model or type s?
Old 06-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #3
excinder

Sorry I didn't specify. I just bought the motor and car together. I got a 2000 ebp civic si and I'm in the process of putting the motor in it. The valve cover is painted yellow and only says Honda on it

Old 06-18-2017, 04:25 PM   #4
excinder

And if it is from the honda stream, about how much horsepower is it making with the type R cams? I'm wondering if it's worth it to build it