Custom airbox? - Page 2 - Club ILX Message Board
Go Back   Club ILX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Welding, Fabrication, & Tools
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!
Register Garage FAQ Auto Loans Members List Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Old 04-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #26
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

230 per tank! To what level?! I get sad if I don't hit 200mi before I get to half a tank!

BTW been following your mod. Reminded me of this a lil. Some pics are broken now though:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=508178

Last edited by IronGumby; 04-11-2017 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: typo
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #27
RunningDC5

Yeah about 230 last tank and it's just about time to get a full up and it's sitting at 260 I'm guessing it has about 15-19 more miles on it the lights been on for awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #28
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

So how many gallons does it let you fill up after that few miles? I mean if that's more than 10gal then that's less than 23-26mpg. The RSX should be 24/31mpg? I can't imagine your stock airbox would cause it to use so much fuel, but here's hoping, I guess

Last edited by IronGumby; 04-11-2017 at 12:29 PM..
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2017, 12:33 PM   #29
RunningDC5

I was using a short ram intake so that's why I've been making the air box and yesterday I filled up and got 260 so 30 more then I did with the ram previously. I used to get 280 with the ram but I also used fuel additives to clean it. Now I added a fuel additive and filled it up hopefully I reach 300.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:19 PM   #30
black dc5
Master Member

Was lookin for some custom intakes done on an RSX and stumbled upon this thread.

I've had an SRI, a couple CAIs, and eventually went back to a box for throttle response. Also tried to deal with IATs, which btw it's good the OP is lookin to help with IATs. It hits 110s in the summer where I live lol.

Here's where it draws it's air. It's just dryer hose from Lowes, there's better ($$) hose for this purpose available.

Goes to the stock airbox, didn't even gut it:

Upper hose is silicone, stock elbows kept ripping due to the RBC (outdated I know lol)

And like the OP's, I added insulation. Trying to be lowkey, I only did the bottom half-- I think most of the heat would come from the header anyway, but insulation the top would have been better. Maybe I'll do some gold tape some day.

Of course, there is still heat soak when sitting and the sensor itself sits inside the engine bay, but if it's in motion, IATs are within 10-15 of ambient.
black dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote