05-06' Type-s Ball Joints - Page 4 - Club ILX Message Board
Go Back   Club ILX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!
Register Garage FAQ Auto Loans Members List Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Old 09-07-2016, 02:02 AM   #76
RunningDC5

I'm sure most people don't want to read about someone's life story lol. 2 months ago a axle fix made me realize lower ball joint was going to go soon but it needed super man strength to remove after a long attempt with on blaster light taps and a lot of heat so I decided to remove knuckle from strut got that done 2 months ago. Then yesterday I decided to buy a new whee bearing for my hub since mine had a lot of clanking when I held it at the north and south poles and moved the tire (while on a stand) up and down. So I decided to remove the knuckle then realized holy crap it's my old ball joint I forgot about lol and it was a pain in the ass to get out a lot of on blaster 2 broken ball joint separators from harbor freight tools 1 bent picle fork and a lot of propane heat. Ended up cutting the ball joint off from control arm and decided to take off the lower control arm off to pound it out from bottom out or upside down. No one in town had a replacement ball joint called 10 different auto part stores nothing no one even had a registered part number for ball joints for a 2005 acura rsx type s and I read this post today and I said 98 prelude ball joints for 13.99 why not I'm past the pint of no return so I went for it lucky enough for me they actually worked thanks to this post! But yeah the castle but is too big you might need a smaller one in height. Because the locking pin won't go through anyways my long ass story to say yes 98 Honda ball joints do fit a 05 rsx type s I can vouch. Also pounded them in with river makes no damage done to it
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2017, 11:38 AM   #77
SAX JONZ
SAXJONZ

This is an old thread but I am pretty sure there are still many others that will look to this thread to figure out their options. I'm doing the hard race joints on my black car which works for slightly lowered cars
https://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/HDR-6878.html
but for this other one at stock ride height I came across these. http://www.autozone.com/suspension-s...71257_447515_0
I can't even find them on the honda website to order the oem ones but these have the full ball inside instead of being pressed as the lower priced ones were. Does anyone have an actual parts number for the honda OEM version as I would rather put honda stuff in my car and do it once. Thanks
SAX JONZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:39 PM   #78
Gentlemen_inspired

Honda Doesnt have Ball Joints, You have to buy the entire knuckle if you want OEM.

My solution was using 98 prelude ball joints, they are very tight with pressing them in but they work perfect.

I have been using then now for about a year now and still no issues.

Hope this helps
Gentlemen_inspired is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2017, 11:55 AM   #79
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
This is an old thread but I am pretty sure there are still many others that will look to this thread to figure out their options. I'm doing the hard race joints on my black car which works for slightly lowered cars
https://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/HDR-6878.html
but for this other one at stock ride height I came across these. http://www.autozone.com/suspension-s...71257_447515_0
I can't even find them on the honda website to order the oem ones but these have the full ball inside instead of being pressed as the lower priced ones were. Does anyone have an actual parts number for the honda OEM version as I would rather put honda stuff in my car and do it once. Thanks
The DIY link has the Honda part numbers sprinkled in:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=876265
I don't know what you mean about not having the full ball inside -- they are all ball joints, no? Maybe you mean spherical ball (for RCA's)
Old 05-26-2017, 04:12 AM   #80
Mans

Hardrace has also released OEM replacement ball joints for 05-06's
Quality ball joints at an affordable price
Mans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #81
SAX JONZ
SAXJONZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGumby View Post
The DIY link has the Honda part numbers sprinkled in:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=876265
I don't know what you mean about not having the full ball inside -- they are all ball joints, no? Maybe you mean spherical ball (for RCA's)
Just from what I was reading on the Auto Zone website. I opted for the more expensive ones that are from Japan.
The Hard Race I ordered for my boosted RSX. Once I get both sets installed I will report back on the experience. The Prelude ball joints I ordered aren't exactly the same length but they are close. The Hard Race are longer and for slightly lowered cars, right where I will be at once I get it all back together.
SAX JONZ is offline   Reply With Quote